Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I remove a fuel Filter for a Ford?

I Have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2 Door 4.0 LT I got the tool to disconnect the lines for the fuel filter but i still cant remove it. what the hell am I doing wrong ? I am old school. Can any body help?How do I remove a fuel Filter for a Ford?you gotta get mean with that connection/down rite angry and mean/no other way/cuss at it toHow do I remove a fuel Filter for a Ford?first step, slide the tool onto the filter, push tool towards the line while pushing the filter and the line together, after you push the filter and line together push the tool more into the line fitting, then twist and pull the filter out while still pushing the tool into the line fittingHow do I remove a fuel Filter for a Ford?Aren't they mean? Just push the tool in and they should release. Try turning it in the bore. I hate them too. Split the connection and take out each half sometimes works. Good luckHow do I remove a fuel Filter for a Ford?Have you relieved the pressure from the system? If not, that could make it more difficult to get the clips to release and if it does come loose it'll spray fuel everywhere, so make sure you do that first. Slide the tool over the clips as described in the instructions. You may have to push or pull the filter a little to get the clip to release, but it shouldn't be hard. Make sure there's no dirt in the clips, that'll make it harder also.

No comments:

Post a Comment