Monday, September 19, 2011

Cost of fuel filter and fuel injector replacement on 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

How much would it cost each for the fuel filter and fuel injector replacement on my jeep grand cherokee laredo? My fuel economy is terrible on it and it averages only 12 miles to the gallon and that's really bad for just a 6 cylinder car that's supposed to average 16-18 miles to the gallon. Can someone please help me? I'm thinking that it could be the filter and injector and I'm not entirely sure, but if it was how much would it cost to be replaced?Cost of fuel filter and fuel injector replacement on 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee?If you're buying the parts, the fuel filter should cost somewhere between $20-$40, and the fuel injectors should run about $40-$70 each (I'm seeing $30 / $47, respectively). I've never changed fuel filters in a Jeep before, though, so I don't know what would go into that (to calculate labor or to help you figure out how to do it yourself).



Just off the top of my head, unfortunately knowing nothing about the work involved in fuel filter replacement in this vehicle, you're probably looking at a minimum of $250 to have somebody do it for you. Not really expensive, especially if you know how to do the work yourself.



http://rj-performance.comCost of fuel filter and fuel injector replacement on 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee?Fuel Filter - I assume you mean the one inline and not in the tank

Labor Estimate - $31.83 to $47.31 - Local to Dealership

Fuel Filter - $40 to $100 - All according as to what brand part used.

No comments:

Post a Comment