Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I need to find the fuel filter on a 1999 Mitsibishi Galant (4cyl). How do I get to it?

I am having problems with the way my car runs, it will start but then it acts like it is about to run out of feul and die on me. It has a very rough idle but it doesn't seem to be getting worse. I have changed out my spark plugs, wires (basically a full tune up). The problem stopped for about a day, then started up again, so I am pretty sure it is the fuel filter, now I just need to know how to get to it, as long as it doesn't entail aking off the entire fuel tank to get to it.I need to find the fuel filter on a 1999 Mitsibishi Galant (4cyl). How do I get to it?it's in the engine bay, by the firewall. it uses a fiting that you will need basic wrenches on both ends of the fuel filter. Like a round black canister the size of a grenade.I need to find the fuel filter on a 1999 Mitsibishi Galant (4cyl). How do I get to it?you may have to but i would say your best bet is to jack up the car and start at the tank and follow the lines to the front of the car , its usually tucked up by part of the frame to protect it from damage , and when you decide to replace it look on eBay they have reusable filters that have glass so you can check on it , if you have a lot of stuff in your tank that's coming out now this may not be the end of this , plus the things are cool lol

No comments:

Post a Comment