Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the fuel filter in my 2005 GMC Duramax 6.6 Turbo diesel?

Some kind of sensor is attached to it and I am not sure how to take it off and remove the fuel filter. The filter itself is bigger than a oil filter.



GMC 3500 with the 6.6 Turbo DieselHow do I change the fuel filter in my 2005 GMC Duramax 6.6 Turbo diesel?Well you can use large pliers (be careful not to damage the sensor) its a water-in fuel sensor, they also make a special wrench to take it out, i just used %26quot;water pump%26quot; pliers, just be careful you dont bust it!!----



EDIT -- i didnt read that you havent removed the filter from the vehicle yet, there is a connection about 4 in away from the base of the filter, follow the wire off the sensor, its kind of a pain in the a** but you have to disconnect it to get it out

No comments:

Post a Comment