Friday, September 23, 2011

How to change fuel filter on 2000 Nissan Quest?

I need to know how to do it, where it is, the difficulty level, and any probs I might encounter. Something I read said I'd have to pressurize/ depressurize the system. Is that crazy or do I need to, and if so, how do I do that? Do I need special tools? I can get most tools if I have to.How to change fuel filter on 2000 Nissan Quest?Just make sure you disconnect your battery first. You dont want any surprizes. Its pretty simple. Disconnect the fuel line and stick a rag in it. Undo any clamps and take off the other fuel line. Stick a rag in that too. Put on the new filter plug in the lines attach and tighten the clamps and drive around the block to check it. Dont forget to reattach the batttery or.............you wont go far! No special tools.

Without any experience you should be able to figure it out in half an hour.How to change fuel filter on 2000 Nissan Quest?Make sure the engine is off.

Loosen the gas gap to release the pressure.

The fuel filter is an inline filter that is usually in the engine compartment. Many are plastic but some are metal.

A hose will be connected on each end of the filter.

Some use hose clamps that require the use of a screw driver to loosen, others use pressure clamps that use a pair of pliers.



Once you find the fuel filter, its a 5 minute job to change it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment