Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why is the fuel filter bigger than the stock?

I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX. A few years ago, I replaced the fuel filter. When I got it from Autozone, the fuel filter was bigger than the stock (which was never replaced before). I checked with the auto store, but they said that it was the right one. Is it supposed to be bigger now (because the part could not fully screw on)? I need to replace now and wondering how I should go about finding the right size fuel filter.Why is the fuel filter bigger than the stock?Get the filter from the dealer. They will have the right size and specification.Why is the fuel filter bigger than the stock?Sounds like Auto Zone was not in the zone the day they sold you the filter,unless there was a problem with the installation. Were or did you leak fuel after putting on that filter? The fuel can and will be a different size as it is not oem. Even if you were to go to the dealer for it, they could have changed the design and or modified it somewhat. I'm sure you asked for the right size, and I'm quite sure you know your engine size. I'm saying this because the pressure on the fuel system when you turned the ignition on would have blown that filter off had it not been the right one or not I'm just playing devil's advocate. So if you feel Auto Zone could have erred, than look at all the after market fuel filters and compare them,90% of them will look somewhat different,but do what's intended. If you want to go the dealer route than by all means, if it makes you more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment