Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where is the fuel filter located on my car?

I own a 1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback. 1.5L 5-speed manual tranny. Where in the car is the fuel filter located? I need to replace it and want to know if I can do it myself if possible.



Also, about how much will it cost for the part?Where is the fuel filter located on my car?near the thingyWhere is the fuel filter located on my car?Its been a while but its either right by the fuel tank in back on the drivers side of the tank or its in line right in front of the carb on the fuel line. Its been years since I saw one of those so I cant remember exactly. The filter is cheap for those engines though, like 8-12 bucks at any auto parts store.Where is the fuel filter located on my car?Could be on the frame outside the fuel tank. Jack up the rear of the car. Look forward of the tank. If there it will be a round canister with a hose or pipe fitting going into it and out.

the next spot is in the engine compartment either mounted on the firewall or on the fender well. It will have a hose coming to it and going to the intake fuel manifold. Be carefull if you make a mistake and do not get the lines correctly tightened it could lead to a Fuel leak and a fire later destroying the car. If you park it in a garage a fuel leak can cause a fire and destroy your home.

Go to a local parts store like Kragen or Autozone. Buy a motor repair manual for about $20. It will show you where the filter is and detailed directions to replace it.

Next idea is to go to a local High School and talk to the Auto Shop Instructor. He can open a manual up and show you exactly where it is. He may tell you to leave it for a day or so and the kids in the shop can replace it for you. The local Community college should also have an Auto shop where you can get help.

If all that sounds like too much to do, then take it to a local auto repair shop. And get them to show you where your filter is located.Where is the fuel filter located on my car?The Fuel Filter is located:

Under hood, center, upper firewall, mounted in fuel line



hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment