Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?

What are the signs to know if a fuel pump has not failed but the filter just needs to be changed?



All the information I could find said that my problem could be the filter OR the pump but didn't state any differences in symptoms.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?Replace the filter, they are relatively inexpensive when compared to a fuel pump. If the problem is resolved, great. If not then it is the pump.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?you can't tell but the fuel filters cheap so its usually tried first and if that doesn't fix the problem the entire fuel pump gets replaced. it doesn't hurt to change the fuel filter anyway if it hasn't been done for a while.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?If your fuel pump has quit entirely your car will neither start nor run. If it is just a clogged filter you will get intermittent miss firing because you will have not be delivering a steady supply of fuel. As has been suggested, replace your fuel filer first. If your fuel pump is going bad the symptoms will mirror those of a dirty filter but will be much worse. A dirty filter will rarely stop your engine from running.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?You can tell if your fuel pump is working if you put your key on the %26quot;on%26quot; position but don't crank. Listen for a whine in the back near the fuel tank. If you hear it then the fuel pump is getting power and is working.



To check the fuel filter remove the rubber fuel line coming out of the fuel filter and if fuel is coming out its working. Have some kind of bottle to catch the fuel also.



Thats how I have always check my filter/pump.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?Like the others say..replace the filter, it's cheap and easy. If that does not cure the problem you can pressure test the fuel pump with a guage. You'll have to research for the correct output pressure for your model. The same type research will give you the flow rating for your pump. You can test that by routing a piece of fuel line from the pump output to a container, and see if the output for a certain length of time is correct. example...0.35 gallons/minute.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?Dirty filter makes your moter stumble to get going and just wont run good becouse its starving for fuel. Change the filter, it's cheap and usually does the trick. the fuel pump works or it dont work.How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?The symptoms for both are the same . Only real way to see is go ahead and change filter as it is the cheaper and easier of the two . If that doesn't solve problem , then fuel pump .How can I tell if my car needs a new fuel filter rather than an entire fuel pump?take the line off the fuel filter, turn the switch on and if gas pumps out through the line then it,s not the pump.
  • sky broadband sagem router wont connect
  • ps3 on my monitor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment